Become a Sponsor
We’d love for you to become a sponsor.
We know money is tight. And is there a non-profit in existence that hasn’t come calling? So why sponsor Tamika & Friends?
We’ve got a little list:
- We are a very small outfit. Your dollars make a big difference in our budget.
- We are community-based. Your contribution supports direct outreach: our volunteers reach women through community events, intimate gatherings, public service messages, and one-on-one communication.
- Our overhead is minimal. We are volunteers. You’ll find us in the District of Columbia, New York, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Florida and Tennessee. We’re reaching further all the time. Your money doesn’t sit behind a desk – it goes out to work.
- Our goal is attainable. If all girls and women follow HPV prevention protocols (vaccines and testing), cervical cancer will be a disease of the past. Our means to the goal: advocacy and footwork. We can do it!
- Cervical cancer is treatable. For women who already have cervical cancer, we provide information, support and community. It’s no coincidence that women of color and low-income women have the highest morbidity rates for cervical cancer. We work for the best treatment for everyone.
- We leverage our message. We partner with many other organizations, such as the Lance Armstrong Foundation, The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults (UCF), The Yellow Umbrella Organization, The Spirit Foundation, the Coalition of Labor Union Women (CLUW), the Balm in Gilead, and Women in Government (WIG). Our corporate partners include QIAGEN, Merck, and Hologic.
- We put a human face on a difficult subject.
- About Us explains who we are and how we got here.
- HPV & Cervical Cancer makes a complex subject clear.
- Share Your Story publishes narratives and photographs: survivors, tributes, and caregivers.
- Get Support provides financial assistance (more on that below), a chat room for safe discussion, and links to numerous resources.
- Join Our Community provides many hands-on ways to learn, help, and be helped.
- We make microgrants. Our two financial assistance programs assist caregivers and survivors. These grants are not going to wipe out an illness’ financial burden. But, given at the right time, a gift card – for groceries, a phone bill, a massage – can turn around a very bad day.
- We also look for small donations. Through PayPal, we enable people of moderate means to donate to our cause. No one person or organization is expected to carry all the weight.
- Your contribution is fully tax-deductible under the law. We are a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization registered in Maryland.
- We can publicize major donors (or keep their names off our website). We are proud to list major contributors. On the other hand, we will also honor your wish to keep a lower profile.
If you’d like to discuss becoming a Tamika & Friends sponsor, please contact our Executive Director, Angela C. Mack, at email@example.com or 866-595-2448, ext. 702.
Worldwide: Every hour a woman will be diagnosed with cervical cancer.
Every two-and-a-half hours a woman will die of cervical cancer.
With proper screening and vaccination, almost every case of cervical cancer can be prevented.