January: National Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
- Cervical cancer is preventable. Help us spread awareness by downloading this badge to your website by copying the following code:
- On Facebook and Twitter? Add this beautiful orange butterfly to your Facebook or Twitter avatar by clicking here.
- Beat cervical cancer? Uplift and inspire others by uploading your survivor story to our website here.
- Our online social communities are here for you! Get connected to share your resources, learn from and support one another. Join the LinkedIn Group and get to know other cervical cancer advocates and survivors here. Join the Facebook page and share your photos here.
- Flex your political advocacy muscles. Contact your Congressional Members via e-mail on January 25th and ask them to to participate in a discussion about cervical cancer/HPV, the new screening guidelines and the need for increased funding for cervical cancer prevention, detection and treatment. Download here.
- Take the Pearl of Wisdom Pledge and share with 5 friends here.
- Download and share our 2011 Cervical Cancer Prevention Guide here.
Participate in our Awareness Events
January 13, 2011 Good Morning America VIP Studio Audience (New York City)
January 13, 2011 8pm-9pm Twitter Chat (Online) T&F joins Heart & Soul Magazine for a health-focused Twitter Chat: Preventing HPV and Cervical Cancer. (online: http://www.tweetchat.com, use the #Heart&Soul tag!)
January 15, 2011 Walk to Beat the Clock (Summerville, SC)
January 18, 2011 8pm-9pm Twitter Chat (Online) T&F joins Heart & Soul Magazine editors for a health-focused Twitter Chat: Talking to Your Girls About HPV. Use the #Heart&Soul tag! (online: http://www.tweetchat.com, use the #Heart&Soul tag!)
January 19, 2011 Wear Orange Day (The World) Download the PDF Poster
January 25, 2011 Cervical Cancer Day on the Hill (Washington, DC) Watch the Video
Host Your Own Awareness Event
Grab a few friends, your book club or sorority members and host an awareness event for 5, 10 or even 50 people! Turn your January monthly meeting into an awareness party!
Need an idea? Check out how to host our HPV House parties Download the "HPV Guidebook" Here. And don't forget to take plenty of photos and video, and share them with us in so we can post them on Twitter and Facebook!